Published on March 2nd, 2017 | by Jaycen Saab
Burning Down The Shack
When a Christian cites “it’s only fiction” as a justification to embrace the movie “The Shack”, it exposes just how low of a view of God they have.
It was bound to happen sooner or later. The mess of a book called “The Shack” that attempts to explain the Trinity but ends up blaspheming God has now made it to the silver screen. Sadly, many deceived Christians will take to the theaters to embrace this masterpiece of deception. If you would want to take the spiritual pulse of the church in America today, simply step back and watch how many Christians will pay money to watch the God that they supposedly adore be blasphemed. When a Christian cites “it’s only fiction” as a justification to embrace the movie “The Shack”, it exposes just how low of a view of God they have. Let’s not forget the author, a professing Universalist, intended The Shack to be theology! He admitted so in his own words.
“The Shack is theology. But it is theology wrapped in a story.”
– William P. Young,
author of The Shack
My effort here for you the reader is to provide the information you need to understand why this movie is so dangerous and blasphemous to the only, true God of the Bible. Metaphorically speaking, to give you enough information to burn this wretched piece to the ground. Many pastors refuse to warn their congregants about this move, ergo the need for this article. If you sit under a pastor who encourages you to go see The Shack, find a new church.
If you sit under a pastor who encourages you to go see The Shack, find a new church.
There is no shortage of information from reputable folks to warn and educate Christians about the dangers of this movie. Nothing I could write here would be new or groundbreaking. However, in an effort to love our West Virginian brethren, WV4G has been releasing the top 13 heresies of The Shack over this past week leading up to opening night from Dr. Michael Youssef of Leading the Way ministries. In case you missed them, here they are in short:
- God the Father was crucified with Jesus. (p. 96)
- God is limited by His love and cannot practice justice. (p. 102, 118-119)
- On the cross, God forgave all of humanity, whether they repent or not. Some choose a relationship with Him, but He forgives them all regardless. (p. 225)
- Hierarchical structures, whether they are in the church or in the government, are evil. (p. 122, 178-179, 203)
- God will never judge people for their sins. (p. 120)
- There is not a hierarchical structure in the Godhead, just a circle of unity. (p. 122)
- God submits to human wishes and choices. (p. 145, 93-94)
- Justice will never take place because of love. (p.164, 169)
- There is no such thing as eternal judgment or torment in hell. (p. 248, 161-164)
- Jesus is walking with all people in their different journeys to God, and it doesn’t matter which way you get to Him. (p. 182)
- Jesus is constantly being transformed along with us. (p. 182)
- There is no need for faith or reconciliation with God because everyone will make it to heaven. (p. 192, 222)
- The Bible is not true because it reduces God to paper. (p. 65-66, 198)
You can find even more information by watching this message from Dr. Michael Youssef himself:
Other resources you should review:
- Six Major Problems with The Shack – Leading the Way Ministries
- Why Papa of The Shack Is not Aslan of Narnia – Challies
- The Shack and What It Says About Evangelicalism – Delivered By Grace
- The Shack – The Missing Art of Evangelical Discernment – Dr. Albert Mohler